What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is an effective and scientific system of healing which assists the natural tendency of the body to heal itself. It recognises that all symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person and that it is the patient who needs treatment, not the disease.
In 1796 a German doctor, Samuel Hahnemann, discovered a different approach to the cure of the sick, which he called homeopathy. It is based upon treating symptoms of ill health with similar substances rather than opposites. For example, treatment for hay fever with streaming sore eyes can be with a remedy made from onion, as this is a substance that can cause streaming sore eyes.
Homeopathic remedies use only a minute amount of the active ingredient, and are prepared by specialist homeopathic pharmacies. They are taken in the form of pleasant-tasting tablets.
Who can Benefit?
- Homeopathy is suitable for people of all ages, from newborn to the elderly, and including pregnant women.
- Anyone with chronic illness where drugs are only able to relieve some of the symptoms e.g. arthritis, migraine, sciatica, problems after meningitis.
- Children respond particularly well. Acute illness e.g. repeated infections, tonsillitis, ear infections, fever, glandular fever. ADHD, autism, night terrors, phobias. Constipation, vomiting eczema.
- Anyone suffering stress related illness, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, irritable bowel.
- Anyone with hormonal problems, PMS, menopausal symptoms.
- Sufferers from hay fever and other allergic problems e.g.prickly heat, hives.
- Those who find that drugs give inadequate relief or cause other problems, e.g. shingles, digestive disorders, skin complaints. Homeopathic remedies do not cause side effects or addiction.
- If your problem has been particularly difficult to diagnose or treat, consider seeking homeopathic advice. Homeopaths can use the unusual aspects of an individual case to select an individual treatment.
- A fifteen-minute consultation is available free, please ask.
About the treatment
What happens during a consultation: During your first appointment you will be asked many questions about yourself as well as your complaint. A detailed understanding of who you are, along with any complaints and details of how you experience them, is needed to assess your case correctly. Do not hesitate to mention anything which you think is unusual or unimportant, anything you say will be treated in the strictest confidence. The initial consultation may last and hour and a half; a follow up forty minutes.
Homeopathy, out of all the complementary therapies, is appropriate for treating children’s problems. It is non-invasive and during the consultation children have the option of playing with toys or answering some questions according to their age and disposition, and they invariably enjoy the tablets.
Hazel Rank-Broadley L.C.H., R.S. Hom.
In 1989 Hazel qualified at the College of Homeopathy, London, & she is registered with the Society of Homeopaths. She has seen the long-term benefit that homeopathic treatment starting from birth can bring. Her own family is now grown up, and she has seen a wide spectrum of problems improved and cured over her twenty-seven years in practice.
Further study includes clinical seminars in Bombay with leading practitioner Dr. Rajan Sankaran. It has extended Hazel’s knowledge of innovative prescribing methods, and given the advantage of sharing deeper understanding with practitioners from different continents.
Hazel has a particular interest in the homeopathic treatment of children, who tend to respond well in accordance with their natural vitality. Hazel has attended training with doctors from the Netherlands, pioneers in CEASE therapy for Autism, & this method can be helpful for various problems where you can date your ill-health back to a particular time or specific cause.
If you wish to ask about your particular health issue contact Hazel
Additional Information and Links: